NetLogo User Community Models
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)
If clicking does not initiate a download, try right clicking or control clicking and choosing "Save" or "Download".
Try It in NetLogo Web
## ENDOTHELIAL BEHAVIOR
This model represents the activity of endothelial cells that are absent of Vcam, that contain Vcam, and are washed out of Vcam. After each washout, the number cells that are responsive and unresponsive change randomly.
## HOW TO USE IT
1. Press the setup button to setup the model
2. Press the go button to start the model. The go button in this button is in "forever" mode. The forever mode indicates that the model has no beginning or end.
3. The washout button washes out the cells.
4. The Vcam slider controls whether or not there is Vcam.
5. The time place plot shows the activity of the cells.
The color of the cell expresses the activity of the cell. If the cell is green, it is active. If the cell is red, it is inactive.
## THINGS TO NOTICE
After the washout button is pressed, all the cells will turn blue for a period of time. The washout lasts for 100 ticks. After the washout button is pressed, all the cells will remain inactive for a period of time regardless of whether or not Vcam is present since all the cells are now immune. You will see that the activity of the cells change in the graph because the number of cells that can be activated by the Vcam changes.