Farsi / Persian
NetLogo User Community Models
## WHAT IS IT?
The model is a space where one can create two points then link them together, as well as move these points from one location to another within the space, besides other things.
## HOW IT WORKS
The model behaves according to the desired user-action through the mouse control-buttons.
## HOW TO USE IT
The model switching between four modes (Create, Delete, Move, and Draw). To start using the model, first, you need to click on the **"Setup"** button to prepare the workspace.
1. Click on **"Create"**, to switch to create mode, then click anywhere in the space to create the link start point, leave some space, then click once again to create the link endpoint; the model will automatically create a line between these two points.
2. Click on **"Delete"**, to switch to delete mode, then click over a point - either start point or endpoint, to automatically delete the link.
3. Click on **"Move"**, to switch to move mode, then click and hold the mouse button over a point - either start point or endpoint, move the point somewhere else, then release the mouse.
4. Click on **"Draw Angled Shape"**, to switch to Draw a free angled shape, choose an angle from the "Angle" slider and the steps from the "Steps" slider, then click the button to automatically draw the shape. _(**only the last link will be considered**)_
5. **"Lines Counter"** is for tracing how many lines exists in the world space.
6. **"Flag"** and **"Last Flag"**: to trace the switching between the 4 modes (Create, Delete, and Move).
## THINGS TO NOTICE
From the toolbar, set the ticks mode as "on-ticks" instead of "continuous".
## THINGS TO TRY
Use the sliders on the left side of the screen to change the appearance:
1. "Line-Color" slider: to change the color of the line.
2. "Line-Thickness" slider: to change the thickness of the line.
3. "Angle" slider: to change the angle the drawing - try it while the drawing is running!
4. "Steps" slider: to change the forward steps of the turtle - try it while the drawing is running!
5. "Startpoint-Shape" and "Endpoint-Shape" sliders: to change the shape of the start and end points.
6. "Point-Size" slider: to change the size of the start and end point.
## EXTENDING THE MODEL
The model could be extended to draw a shape - such as a square, a circle, etc., automatically by just specifying just one point.
## NETLOGO FEATURES
The "nearest-turtle" procedure - in the code, is created to decide if there is an existing turtle at the clicked spot or not.
(models in the NetLogo Models Library and elsewhere which are of related interest)
## CREDITS AND REFERENCES
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)