NetLogo User Community Models
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)
by Muhammad Rizwan
If clicking does not initiate a download, try right clicking or control clicking and choosing "Save" or "Download".(The run link is disabled because this model uses external files.)
## WHAT IS IT?
This is a Soduku Game
## WHAT IS ITS PURPOSE?
The Purpose of the game is to show how the game can be built and solved through the use of logics
## HOW IT WORKS
It creates several squares, which store some initially placed "Orange" numbers in them. The user enters numbers of their choice in "Black" and the game checks if the numbers are according to the RULES defined for the game. If the rules are violated, the game displays error messages (If Hints is Turned On)
## HOW TO USE IT + INTERFACE
To use it
1) First press "Set/Reset Game", this sets the game map
2) Then Press "PrePlace Numbers", this places some random Orange numbers in the map
3) Then Press "Insert" button and start inserting numbers in the game by selecting any number from the chooser/slider and then clicking in any empty square. The selected number from the chooser will be placed in the empty square
4) If you want to delete any placed number( black only) , you can press delete button and click on the number , it will be deleted. (Note: Orange Numbers Cannot be delted, as they are game specified)
5) Hints switch shows hints, if a wrong number is placed in the wrong square,it displays error
6) Check button displays the result if the map is correct or not. (Only works if Hint is enabled)
7) The solver places (Best Possible) numbers automatically
8) You can load/save game to a text file
## THINGS TO NOTICE
1) You cannot delete orange numbers, as they are predefined in game
2) If Hint is enabled, it shows the error message as soon as RULES are violated
3) The solver can solve the entire game IF it does not enter a loop hole. By loop hole, we mean that it cannot enter any number because no number is suitable and will cause repetition in any case. An image of loop hole is attached.