NetLogo User Community Models
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)
If clicking does not initiate a download, try right clicking or control clicking and choosing "Save" or "Download".
Try It in NetLogo Web
## WHAT IS IT?
The model is a Coronavirus epidemy model.
It describes the spread of the epidemy into a 1000 agent population whose demographic data is same as France.
Some parameters can be modified at set-up or during simulation to influence the spread:
- the social distancing
- the "wear a mask" policy and the number of masks available weekly
- the number of hospital beds
## HOW IT WORKS
The agents are of 8 groups : 4 age groups x 2 sex groups
they have specificities in number, in mobility and in risk factors to die of the disease.
each agent have properties such
- am I wearing a mask ?
- am I in hospital ?
- what is my health state (good health / soft symptoms / hard symptoms)
- what is my virus state (not infected / infected / immune)
a tick is a day.
Every day the following actions are performed:
- the ongoing policies are checked
- each agent moves randomly
- each agent with the virus can randomly contaminate another agent in its path (contagion factors vary function if the infected agent has a mak or not)
- each agent can decide to wear a mask if masks are available and if he has soft symptoms at least
- each agent can go to hospital if a bed is available and he fills hard symptoms
- each agent can die if it has been infected for a while, and he has hard symptoms. The propabability to die will be function of the group and the fact to be at hospital or not.
- each living agent then gets older of a day and keep its other properties
## HOW TO USE IT
to use the model you make a set-up and a start.
you can then activate the different policies of your choice (it cannot be deactivated and it is immediately applied at the next tick)
some monitors show you indicators of your population and how you manage the epidemy:
- the % of people infected
- the % of people immune
- the number of total deaths
- the number of people > 80 years old who are dead
- the number of peoples who have been saved in hospital
- the number of maks available this week
- the number of hospital beds available
- the graphic of % infected and % immune
there is also a point counter (that may be optimised)
it sums a total health score of how you managed the epidemy:
- (-1) per contamination
- (-100) per death
- (+3) per life saved in hospital
- (+2) per person immuned
## THINGS TO NOTICE
healthy persons are in blue
the infected persons are represented by red skulls
immune persons are in white
## THINGS TO TRY
play with the policies to get the highest score!
## EXTENDING THE MODEL
you are free to adjust the variables to your country demographics and to updated risk factors or contagion factors;
## NETLOGO FEATURES
-- nothing special is used in this model --
## RELATED MODELS
this model is highly based on the standard "VIRUS" model
## CREDITS AND REFERENCES
Jean MILPIED - 2020 - free to use license (please cite my name when using it in publications)