Farsi / Persian
NetLogo User Community Models
## WHAT IS IT?
This is a model that simulates the flow of carbon dioxide (CO2). It shows the surface of the earth as green and on this strip there is a blue atmosphere. Industries, trees and CO2 molecules can be added or eliminated in the model.
The model is intended to visualize the effect of human activities on the amount of CO2.
## HOW IT WORKS
The industries generate CO2. There is a likelihood that when an industry is created, a tree(s) will disappear. CO2 disappears when it is absorbed by trees.
## HOW TO USE IT
1. Press the SETUP button to configure.
Before or during the execution
- You can modify the initial amount of CO2, trees and industries that will be at the beginning of the execution.
- You can add and remove industries with the ADD INDUSTRY and REMOVE INDUSTRY buttons.
- You can add and remove trees with ADD TREE and REMOVE TREE buttons (trees absorb CO2).
- You can also add industries, trees and CO2 with the sliders: Add_Industries, Add_Trees and Add_CO2 (the amount is between 0 and 100), and then press UPDATE.
- You can modify the probabilities (%) of occurrence of certain factors that affect the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere (probability of deforestation, reforestation, industrialization, elimination of industries and the probability that an industry generates CO2) with the most elongated sliders of the model.
The amount of CO2 is related to the number of industries, trees and CO2 molecules. The fewer the trees, the more industries and more CO2 molecules are observed, the greater the amount of CO2.
## THINGS TO NOTICE
Observe how the view of the world changes after executing the simulation, how CO2 is created from industries, how trees eliminate CO2 particles, how a tree is eliminated at the time an industry is created, and how to probabilistically:
- Industries are added and eliminated.
In the monitors you can see the amount of CO2, trees and industries that currently exist in the simulated world.
On the other hand, the graph on the right shows the change in the amount of CO2 with respect to time.
## THINGS TO TRY
Change the values of the sliders to add new industries, trees and CO2 molecules in quantities of 0 to 100. To see the changes in the world view press UPDATE.
To see different behaviors in the model, it is recommended to modify the probabilities of occurrence (sliders) for the five factors: probability of deforestation, reforestation, industrialization, removal of industries and finally the probability of CO2 generation by an industry.
You can also try changing the initial conditions for the amount of CO2, number of trees and number of industries.
The sliders can be modified at run time to see the changes in real time (except for the sliders: CO2_Initial, Trees_Initial and Industries_Initial, which are modified before starting the execution of the simulation).
You can optionally add industries and trees one by one by pressing the ADD INDUSTRY and ADD TREE buttons, as well as remove industries and trees by pressing the REMOVE INDUSTRY and REMOVE TREE buttons respectively.
## EXTENDING THE MODEL
Implement the use of the mouse to interact with the view, add or remove turtles by clicking.
Add new variables that affect the behavior of CO2 or add restrictions for existing variables.
Change the probabilities of deforestation, reforestation, industrialization and remove industry in the GO procedure. Also change the probability that the industry generates CO2 in the ADD-CO2-INDUSTRY process. Observe its effect on the model.
## NETLOGO FEATURES
This model uses the Turtle Shapes Editor for the creation of trees, industries and CO2 molecules. Certain characteristics of the turtles in Netlogo were modified.
## RELATED MODELS
Earth Science → Climate Change
## CREDITS AND REFERENCES
Data of involved variables:
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)