Beginners Interactive NetLogo Dictionary (BIND)
Farsi / Persian
NetLogo User Community Models
Virtual Lab created for the sole purpose of investigating a real-world scenario; basing an internal assessment around this model.
Essentially kelp forests are home to many aquatic species, but in more recent years the invasive crustacean, the urchin, has eaten away at the holdfasts of kelp which keeps them anchored to the ground. Thus, many forests have become desolate, urchin barrens as a result.
This simulation aims to investigate the probabilities of urchins eating away at kelp forests and the chances of kelp forests being able to grow back.
Should for the most part be self explanatory:
- There are 2 sliders which influence the amount of a turtle that you add into the simulation
- There is a slider which allows one to change the size of the environment
- 2 buttons which reset the simulation (reset-turtles removes only turtles; reset will essentially reboot everything)
- GO button allows you to start the simulation
- There is a graph which shows the change in population of both turtles over time (ticks)
(back to the NetLogo User Community Models)